A Hand With Your Business or Help With a Start-up
Whether you are running a business already or have an idea for one you could start, Dakin & Co can help you.
Having the big business idea, the skills to make it happen, and the ability to sell is often not enough to make it successful.
You might find you start to generate revenue and everything looks great. You could be looking forward to your first £100,000 turnover or have your first million, but you can still get a big shock:
You are losing money.
“How can I be losing money on that level of turnover?” you ask. You are sending out plenty of invoices yet you don’t seem to be profitable at the bank. Your cashflow is a nightmare.
The thing is that invoices – or turnover – is not money in the bank. Customers may be allowed sixty days to pay but you’ve found that they only pay after being nagged and chased by you. That could be another thirty days you go unpaid.
In focusing on selling, you could be missing more things that are right under your nose. It could be that while you have the commitment, sales ability, your marketing’s sound, and your fulfilment runs like a dream, you are no expert in accounting. You find accounting a chore and something you hoped would look after itself.
Which is why you need a top class, reliable accountant who can guide you through the pitfalls of management that can too easily trip you up. Our team of trained experts can help make your business vision a reality. And a profitable one too.
Starting a New Business
If you are thinking of starting a business: Dakin & Co will help you to:
- Decide on the most suitable structure for your business - sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company
- Prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- Assess the finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance and draw up the necessary proposals
- Establish working relationships with your bank
- Complete important registration procedures with Companies House and HMRC
- Deal with company secretarial issues
- Set up an internal records system for management and compliance
- Decide what computer hardware to buy and help implementing the right accountancy software
- Keep on top of bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and other accounting requirements
- Help with all aspects of business compliance and administration
Running an Existing Business
If you are already running a business, is it as successful as you would like it to be? Is it profitable? Are you able to access the management information that will help you make crucial decisions about how to scale it? Or break into new markets?
You might think that other businesses you come across appear to be far more successful and better organised than you are. Or you may be questioning why they are prepared to make moves that at first appear risky when you are more cautious.
The chances are that those businesses are accessing all the up-to-date financial information that you can’t seem to get to.
For either help with a start-up or a hand with your business, Dakin & Co can help you to manage everything from a single source:
- Annual accounts
- Creditors ledger
- Goods in, goods out
- Management figures
- Marketing Intelligence
- PAYE and NIC
- Sales ledger
If you need to review your IT or computer systems then we can help you with that too. In fact, you can find everything you need under one roof - we’re ready and waiting for your call.
Don’t lose any more sleep worrying about business problems, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact an expert who can help you.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct about help with a start-up or a hand with your business, then call us on 01773 790097. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.